You can install XP unattended, so you won’t have to sit through the installation process if you are upgrading from another operating system. Simply follow these steps:
1. Insert your Windows XP CD-Rom
2. Double-click on the My computer icon
3. Double-click on the CD-Rom Drive icon
4. Go to the ‘SupportTools’ sub-folder
5. Double-click on the ‘DEPLOY.CAB’ file
6. Highlight ‘DEPLOY.CHM’, ‘REF.CHM’, ‘SETUPMGR.EXE’, and ‘README.TXT’
7. Select your target path
8. Click OK to extract the files
9. Go to the folder where you extracted the files
10. Double-click on the CHM files one at a time to read the detailed guidelines on how to install XP in automated unattended mode
11. Run ‘SETUP.MGR’, which will guide you through the process of creating an ‘UNATTEND.TXT’ file
Let us know how it went!
- Explain Stuff – What is a mirror site? – Fact of the day A mirror site is a copy of a website or set of files hosted at a remote location. There are a number of reasons to...
- Click Fraud – Basics – Explain Stuff – Fact of the day. click fraud happens when a person, automated script, or computer program imitates a legitimate user of a web browser clicking on an ad, for the...
- Fact of The Day – What is that Error? While you are working along with your computer and suddenly the screen flashes, the computer or application stops, an error message flashes on the screen,...
- Software release cycle – Explain Stuff – Fact of the day. The software release life cycle is composed of different stages that describe the stability of a piece of software and the amount of development it...
- Strange Computer Laws – Explain Stuff – Fact of the day. Hi friends following are Strange Computer laws , many of them seem funny but most of the times they have been proven right. Read further...
- Explain Stuff – Fact of the day – First Interactive Video Game From the classic Super Mario to latest block buster Grand Theft Auto 4 , Video games have gone through tremendous change over decades. Now they...