A proxy server, also known as a “proxy” or “application level gateway”, is a computer that acts as a gateway between a local network (e.g., all the computers at one company or in one building) and a larger-scale network such as the Internet. Proxy servers provide increased performance and security. In some cases, they monitor employees’ use of outside resources.
Tag Archive: web
Permanent link to this article: http://www.explainstuff.com/2009/04/15/fact-of-the-day-what-is-proxy-server/
Latest Short Science Articles
- Am I prepared for Bariatric Surgery?
- Visitors Web Browser Market Share Comparison
- Nausea in Pregnancy – Remedies – Health and Science Article
- Nausea and Vomiting in Pregnancy – Health and Science Articles
- What causes runny nose when eating?
- Why Sachin Tendulkar will not score a century anytime soon
- Best Student Credit Cards with no credit – Choosing and Applying
- Define Credit Report | Credit Report Definition | Definition of Credit Report
- - Short Science Articles (37)
- Credit Report Articles (2)
- Short Animal Articles (2)
- Short Computer Articles (23)
- Short Environment Articles (1)
- Short Geoscience Articles (4)
- Short Health articles (52)
- Short History Articles (7)
- Short Money Articles (7)
- Short Mystery Articles (5)
- Short Technique Articles (11)
- Short Technology articles (13)
- Short Universe Articles (6)
- Softwares and Tools (15)
- x General Articles (30)
- Chris.Cox on Quizzes for kids
- beatsbeats on Stress and Its Effects on the Body – Stress Articles
- blasphemy on What are the smartest animals on planet Earth?
- Mark.mint on Define Credit Report | Credit Report Definition | Definition of Credit Report
- Mark.mint on Do you have an accurate credit report? | Short Credit Articles